June 19, 2019
We are TPA, one of the Channel Island’s most innovative and successful creative and digital agencies. We are a company on a mission to unlock the value in creativity for our partners, while playing a meaningful role in local society and culture.
We are looking for an individual with business development and/or account management experience in the marketing industry to join our team. We’re looking for someone who wants to help build and develop the agency, and our relationships in Jersey on a long term basis. We want someone who can pitch in when it comes to managing and growing existing client relationships but also develop new relationships by taking an active role in our client and account team.
We need someone who is commercially driven, entrepreneurial and accountable. On the one hand, you need to help set the creative agenda, understanding a client’s commercial challenges, while proposing creative ambitions that solve those challenges. On the other hand, you’ll have a passion for making sure the work happens, and making sure the work works, by being closely involved with the team at TPA who will deliver on the creative ambitions.
To be suitable for this role you should:
- Prove you can grow a healthy new business pipeline
- Be able to apply marketing theories and business thinking to strategic and creative debate
- Keep abreast of all key competitor activity
- Have solid digital or integrated marketing experience
- Attend regular, relevant networking events
- Be able to conduct research and gain market insight
- Hold relationships within the local business community at director, partner and management level
- Understand that business development is a team effort, that you will work with and be supported by the Agency Director, account team and creatives
- See this as a long-term career choice
We’d also like you to be able to:
- Assist with client management, finding new opportunities for existing clients to exploit creativity
- Take a lead in helping the whole team think entrepreneurially on behalf of our clients
- Take briefs from clients and provide briefings to the creative team
- Take an editorial role over the thought-leadership content we produce
As an agency that’s been around for a few decades, we know that business doesn’t come from cold calls or credentials emails. It’s about relationships new and old where you build a profile and engage on multiple levels.
At a minimum, you’ll need to bring these skills to the job:
- Great communication with strong English speaking and writing
- A great reputation with strong list of business contacts
- Self-starter who is ready to dive in right away
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- On-going training
- Health insurance
- Creative office environment
- Opportunity to travel
- Flexible working conditions
- Annual bonus scheme
If you’re interested in this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org