October 30, 2020
We are TPA, the Channel Islands’ leading creative, digital agency. We are a company on a mission to unlock the value in creativity and innovation for our clients, the opportunities in learning and teamwork for our people, all while playing a meaningful role in local society.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack, Drupal web developer to join our digital team. Based in our Guernsey office, you will bring your great programming skills, problem solving abilities and love for web development to support our existing development services, help grow the skills of the team and expand our capability to a range of local and international clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious developer to work on a diverse and interesting range of projects – from fintech applications to arts and culture websites.
You will be involved in developing websites and applications on a PHP/Drupal-based platform from start to finish. Day-to-day work will primarily include development in Drupal 8, coding in PHP frameworks, interacting with MySQL, and building frontends using a combination of markup, styling, Vue.js and other framework libraries. You will also participate in project planning.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of a development team, contributing to project planning, timely delivery, team learning and supporting fellow devs.
- Take responsibility for implementing Drupal websites from Xd/Sketch concepts to a finished deliverable, as well as, specify and implement new features, enhancements, and content of existing websites.
- Design, code, test, correct and document solutions on all areas of the web stack from agreed specifications.
- Provide input into estimating jobs and developing solution recommendations both architectural and problem-specific.
- Provide expert advice to potential and current clients, and recommend the best ways of implementing their needs with an awareness of budget and timing.
- Be a source of expertise to junior developers, a role model of clean code and excellent service standards.
What we’re looking for:
- Great capability in building responsive web and application user interfaces
- The ability to enhance user experiences through behaviour development, particularly in Vue.js or other scripting frameworks
- A strong track record developing PHP applications, particularly in Drupal, with experience of: custom module management and creation, hooks from core systems, Drupal API
- Experience building and implementing a data layer in MySQL
- Thorough understanding of the project lifecycle and experience using tools like Git, Jira.
- Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and application architecture.
- A competitive salary that is commensurate with experience
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- On-going training
- Health insurance
- Creative office environment
- Flexible working conditions
- Monthly socials
- Annual bonus scheme
- A unique Channel Island work/life balance
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. All applications will be made in confidence.
Your CV and a covering letter
3 websites from your portfolio
Deadline for applications 5pm Friday, 20th November 2020